The Frantz Ward Women's Initiative is committed to the recruitment, retention, promotion, and mentoring of our female attorneys through leadership, training, community networking, and community involvement. Partner Margaret Metzinger is Chair of the Women's Initiative. The Initiative is not only designed to promote successful and rewarding legal careers for our female attorneys, but also a complete firm culture in which the high level of services provided to our clients continues to thrive.
Below are some highlights of our work to promote and support our female attorneys within the
firm and throughout our community:
- Co-founding law firm and organizer of Cleveland Gender Equity in Legal Industry Forum, a coalition of Cleveland law firms and attorneys that convenes multiple times per year to discuss issues female legal professionals are facing that may be preventing them from advancing in their careers (featured in Cleveland Crain’s May 2021);
- Participant/sponsor of the FDCC Ladder Down Program focused on training women lawyers in the critical areas of leadership, business development, and mentorship.
- Host annual networking event with female decisionmakers and in-house counsel invitees that features all female-owned vendors;
- Annual participation in and sponsorship of Cleveland’s Female Entrepreneur Summit;
- Corporate membership in the Women’s Business Enterprise Council – Ohio River Valley Region;
- Individual and group collaboration with local law school women’s law associations, including presentations, mentoring and discussion groups;
- Individual and group annual volunteer and pro bono work with local non-profit organizations relating to women’s causes, including Laura’s Home and Cleveland Rape Crisis Center;
- Exclusive use of female-owned food vendors for monthly meetings;
- Internal, annual mental health/resiliency training and presentations to Women’s Initiative members; and
- Annual internal survey of members to monitor attorney satisfaction and track and address areas for improvement.