The challenges that our business clients face are as varied as the types of businesses they run. The success of our business litigation attorneys, therefore, is grounded in our ability to adapt our problem-solving and trial skills to any problem and industry. We handle disputes related to contractual breaches, construction projects, fraud and other business torts, financial transactions, real estate transactions, breaches of fiduciary duties, antitrust and competition issues and a myriad of other business-related issues. Our experience extends to cases of all sizes, from complex, multi-party, document-intensive cases to smaller disputes between individuals.
Representative matters include:
- Defended at trial a Global 500 manufacturer against a $50 million claim for breach of an agreement to develop and sell military products.
- Obtained $1.8 million jury verdict for individual partner in lawsuit for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud related to real estate investments.
- Obtained dismissal of defendants in a fraud and breach of contract lawsuit involving the sale of real estate.
- Defended multiple consumer statute class actions.
- Represented manufacturing company in prosecuting multi-million dollar lawsuit involving claims for breach of contract, breach of implied and expressed warranties, negligent misrepresentation, and deceptive trade practices.
- Represented successor trustee in lawsuit against original trustee for breach of fiduciary duties, breach of duty of loyalty, conversion, unjust enrichment, breach of contract, and accounting.
- Represented defendant distributor in breach of warranty claim brought by purchaser.
- Represented defendants in multiple cases under Ohio Alcoholic Beverages Franchise Act.
- Defended medical supply corporation in lawsuit regarding alleged breach of confidentiality agreement that parties had signed as part of due diligence in failed acquisition.
- Lead counsel in defense of claims of fraud and breach of agreement related to sale of division of publicly held corporation.
- Represented Fortune 100 consumer products company in defending a $55 million claim for fraud and breach of contract related to sale of one of its large divisions.
- Represented defendants in cases brought pursuant to the Ohio Motor Vehicles Dealers Act.
- Represented shareholder of closely held corporation in lawsuit regarding management of closely held corporation.
- Represented major home appliance manufacturer in a lawsuit brought by competitors seeking to prevent its acquisition of another home appliance manufacturer.
- Represented staffing company in nationwide enforcement of non-compete/non-solicitation agreements.