As the use of temporary and outsourced labor increases in the national economy, Frantz Ward’s Staffing industry team helps our clients navigate the array of legal issues unique to the industry. Our clients provide temporary staffing, employee leasing, direct hire and recruiting and search solutions, and range from smaller, single office providers to national, multi-office companies that service all industries.
We have built a multi-disciplinary team of attorneys who understand the myriad of challenges inherent in the staffing industry, and provide practical, cost-effective solutions so that our clients can focus on their businesses and do what they do best. We routinely handle:
- Employment counseling on day-to-day human resources issues, including investigating and responding to discrimination/harassment complaints, addressing leave of absence and disability accommodation requests, and guiding clients through issues that arise with regard to matters such as substance abuse and testing, background checks, social media and employee discipline and discharge.
- Drafting and enforcement of non-competition, non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements, and other restrictive covenants.
- Labor counseling, including union avoidance, safety, OSHA and overtime compliance.
- Advising on joint employer issues
- Defense of workers’ compensation claims
- Drafting and enforcing vendor service and provider agreements
- Affordable Care Act compliance
- Employee benefit programs and plans
- Business formation and day-to-day corporate counseling
- Litigation avoidance counseling, insurance coverage analysis, and other risk management best practices
- Litigation, arbitration and mediation of disputes
- Assist with IRS and Department of Labor regulations and compliance