Frantz Ward represents private and public employers, from Fortune 500 companies to small entrepreneurs, in all phases of employment law. We make it a priority to minimize our clients’ litigation risk by analyzing their specific needs and developing customized solutions. When litigation becomes necessary, however, our attorneys offer exceptional experience and expertise in this area. Frantz Ward’s employment litigators have successfully tried all types of disputes before judges and juries in state and federal courts throughout the country.
Controversies that involve allegations of employment discrimination and retaliation because of race, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veterans’ status, and age are a substantial part of our employment law litigation practice. Our attorneys counsel clients in these areas and defend discrimination claims before state and local fair employment practice agencies, as well as in state and federal courts. Our litigators regularly represent employers in matters involving claims under:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Civil Rights Act of 1866 (Section 1981)
- Equal Pay Act
- Rehabilitation Act
- Similar state discrimination laws
In addition, our attorneys defend employers in lawsuits that are brought under the panoply of statutes that govern the employer-employee relationship, including claims under:
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Immigration Reform and Control Act
- Similar state statutes, including whistleblower laws
Frantz Ward lawyers also have experience in defending against common law causes of action, such as claims for wrongful discharge, breach of employment contracts, negligent hiring and retention, defamation, infliction of emotional distress, workplace intentional torts and any other claims that may arise from the workplace.
Regardless of the nature of the workplace problem you may encounter, or the type of charge or lawsuit you may face, Frantz Ward’s employment litigators are prepared to utilize their years of experience to seek an efficient and successful resolution on your behalf.