Frantz Ward’s Business/Corporate Law Practice Group regularly provides counsel in all areas of corporate formation, operation and governance, and business strategies and development.
In many respects, Frantz Ward’s Business/Corporate Law Practice Group serves as “outside general counsel” to our clients and provides day-to-day support and guidance on a wide variety of business issues, including but not limited to:
- Incorporating/forming new business enterprises.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Drafting agreements for corporate governance, succession planning and business continuity, including by-laws, shareholder agreements, close corporation agreements, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and stock restriction agreements.
- Advising clients in capitalization and financing matters, including stock and equity issuances, acquisition financing, debt placement, and the issuance of securities and bonds.
- Counseling boards of directors on a variety of management issues, including fiduciary duties of care and loyalty, business judgment rules and indemnification matters.
- Counseling clients on the requirements of executive, officer and employee compensation and benefits, including but not limited to the issuance and grant of profits interests and stock options.
- Preparing offering and financial disclosure documents to comply with the requirements of both state and federal securities regulators.
- Counseling clients in corporate compliance matters and drafting and implementing policies and procedures on compliance, including codes of ethics and conduct and internal compliance policies and procedures.
- Review and assess current anti-corruption policies and develop effective compliance programs, policies and training materials to reflect the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and related legislation and enforcement trends.
With a keen awareness as to where disputes most commonly arise in connection with corporate ownership, governance and operational matters, Frantz Ward’s Business/Corporate Law Practice Group’s proactive, multi-disciplinary approach to general corporate matters is designed to ensure the efficient continuity and profitability of corporate operations, prevent future claims, avoid potential deadlocks and inabilities to take action, maximize compliance with laws, rules and regulations, and minimize the risk of litigation and/or enforcement actions.