Governments around the world are increasing their anti-corruption and anti-bribery enforcement efforts. Enforcement of the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), enacted in 1977 (revised 1988), has reached unprecedented levels. The DOJ and SEC have made it clear that a comprehensive compliance and ethics program is an indispensable part of any corporate culture.
Frantz Ward's FCPA and Anti-Corruption team has experience in developing and implementing anti-corruption policies and training employees in the U.S., Canada, South America, Australia and China. Our lawyers assist clients in complying with the FCPA, the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention, the UK Bribery Act and other anti-corruption regimes from around the globe. Frantz Ward can provide your company with the following services:
- Review and assess current anti-corruption policies and develop effective compliance programs, policies and training materials to reflect new legislation and enforcement trends.
- Conduct anti-corruption training for corporations, including senior management, accounting professionals and board directors.
- Counsel on appropriate FCPA policies and procedures, including policies on facilitation payments, entertaining foreign officials and use of foreign agents.
- Assist with FCPA compliance audits.
- Assist with internal investigations of potential violations of anti-corruption laws and company compliance policies and, where appropriate, disclose issues to the DOJ and the SEC.
- Assist with developing an effective response to investigations pursued by the DOJ and SEC.