Frantz Ward attorneys have extensive experience representing trade creditors both before and after a trade creditor’s customer files for bankruptcy. This experience includes advising clients on:
- Restructuring and terminating trade agreements prior to a bankruptcy filing by the trade creditor’s customer.
- Pre-petition enforcement of reclamation and setoff rights and remedies under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- The impact of Articles 2 and 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code on the rights of trade creditors.
- Asserting administrative expense claims, including claims under section 503(b)(9) of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Defending client’s rights as a critical vendor for debtor-in-possession and negotiating post-petition trade agreements.
- Litigating motions for relief from stay to exercise client’s setoff rights and defending objections to client’s claims against bankrupt customer.