Attorney Profile for Marc A. Sanchez
Marc is a partner who focuses his practice on construction law, insurance coverage and the defense of personal injury and property damage claims. Marc has tried cases and argued appeals throughout the State of Ohio in both state and federal courts. In addition, he has arbitrated disputes,
negotiated and prepared numerous construction contracts, perfected and enforced mechanic's liens and prosecuted and defended defective workmanship claims, bond claims, personal injury, wrongful death and property damage claims as well as insurance coverage disputes. Marc is a frequent lecturer and has authored numerous publications on insurance and construction issues.
- "Best Practices for Bonding Government Set-Aside Programs" National Association of Independent Sureties, March, 2011.
- "Scope, Time and Price," Northeast Ohio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, March 2011.
- "Disadvantaged and Minority Business Programs," Northeast Ohio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, March, 2011.
- ALFA 50 State Construction Law Compendium (Ohio Chapter), 2012.
- "Contractual Indemnification and Additional Insureds," CEU Institute, February, 2011.
- "Independent Counsel for the Insured and Allocation of Loss Among Policies," Summer, 2010.
- "Keeping the Project Moving and Protecting Your Rights on Construction Projects," Spring 2010.
- "Effective Handling of CGL and Property Insurance Claims," Fall 2009.
- "Recoupment of Non-Covered Defense Costs, Equitable Subrogation and Agent/Broker Liability, " Fall 2008.
- Construction Insurance and Sureties in Ohio "Enforcing Insurance Rights," various
- Masco Corp. v. Zurich Am. Ins. Co., 382 F.3d 624 (6th Cir. 2004)
- C.J. Mahan Construction Co. v. Mohawk Re-Bar Services, Inc., 5th Dist. No. 2004CA00387, 2005-Ohio-5427
- McGuffin v. Zaremba Contracting, 166 Ohio App.3d 142, 2006-Ohio-1734
- Frano v. Red Robin Int'l, Inc., 181 Ohio App.3d 13, 2009-Ohio-6546
- Peter D. Sullivan and Judith M. Andreano, et al. v. Robert L. Waldock, Erie County Court of Common Pleas, Case No. 2009-CV-0880 (to learn more about this case click here)
- Successful in overturning trial court decision and compelling arbitration of the claims of over 20 subcontractors in connection with the construction of the new FBI Headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana. Welty Building Co. Ltd. v. Indy Fedreau Co., LLC, 985 N.E. 2d 792, 2013 Ind. App. LEXIS 152, April 24, 2013 (to learn more about this case click here).
Phone: (216) 515-1638
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 1991
- A.B., Duke University, with honors, 1988
- Ohio State Courts, 1994
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 1995
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2006
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2002
- New Hampshire State Courts, 1991
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire, 1991
- Center for Families and Children, Board Member
- Northern Ohio Minority Supplier Development Council, Board Member
- Greater Cleveland Sports Commission, Board Member